The Lu Young Children’s Fund (LYCF) was started in 2004 out of Lu’s love of Alaska’s children and her desire to help them and their families. She wanted the less fortunate, the sick, and homeless children of Alaska to receive the resources and help they need to continue with healthy, happy lives.
The Lu Young Children’s Fund is organized exclusively to provide the necessary resources to the Native children of Alaska to succeed with their lives. These purposes include:
1. To help Native children find comfort and solace for their grief in the loss of a loved one.
2. To provide assistance with mental health challenges.
3. To nurture healthy child development.
4. To reduce the effects of trauma among children living in temporary housing.
5. To help the children understand the effects of suicide and how to cope.
As we expand, we are looking to provide Alaska Native children assistance with mental health challenges, nurture healthy child development, reduce the effects of trauma among children living in temporary housing and provide them with the tools to cope with challenges and obstacles that may stand in their way.